A Stroke of the Ego

The following is a recent excerpt from the Feedback section of the well-known magazine, Entertainment Weekly:

Girl Interrupted
Although I don't consider New Girl the greatest new series of the season, I still enjoyed your article on the show. Zooey Deschanel's "adorkablity" has gotten rather tiresome by now, so I'm glad that the powers that be are trying to downplay it.

You may be asking yourself, "Why did I include this particular comment?" I've never discussed New Girl, nor have I expressed my own fatigue from Zooey Deschanel and the supposedly-cute energy she represents. I'll tell you why I happen to mention it. I sent this comment in to EW Letters myself! Those are my words, published in a prestigious movie magazine! My name is in Entertainment Weekly, as are my own original words. Well, they edited what I wrote so it would fit in the issue, but the fact that they took the time to condense it shows how valuable my opinion was. And there is my temporary egotism shining on. That's all I have to say for today. Until next time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts