Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Valentine's Day


I watched Valentine's Day a couple of months ago, and it deserves a fair "review".

I make the word 'fair' bold because pretty much every magazine bashed it cruelly.

Though, on some reasons, I agree with the fact that it was a washed-up American version of Love Actually. Every movie like this, with several plots and characters, should always have an original screenplay and idea; they shouldn't copy off of others, that's tacky.


I love how they have so many familiar faces, of whom I admire (Bradley Cooper, Jamie Foxx, Queen Latifah)
I don't care for the idea that director Garry Marshall, the master of networking, included new faces, like Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner, two faces I awfully dislike.

I found Topher Grace's obliviousness to valentine's day's arrival impish and unnecessary to apologize for. Anne Hathaway's shameful moonlit career as a "adult phone-entertainer" (aka phone sex lady) makes people, including me, uncomfortable, especially her accents.

Ashton Kucther's character was horribly corny, whiny, and NOT romantic at all. And he always goes for the older women, doesn't he?;)

The teenage couple wanting to have sex, but don't in the end, is very sweet and cute:)

The couple of Shirley MacLaine and Hector Elizondo is incredibly romantic and everlasting.

The most enormous disappointment of all was Bradley Cooper's resolution. It made me weep to see him as out-of-the-closet Sean Jackson's boyfriend. Ick to the eleventh power:(


All in all, this movie was not THAT terrible, and I was glad to see that there was no explanation on why Valentine's Day is the best (except from retarded sap Ashton)

My rating is 68/100 for the sole reason that there was an all-star cast and Bradley Cooper's sexiness gracing the screen many time;D

No comments:

Post a Comment